Artisan Mind is currently seeking to fill multiple job openings. If you’re looking to be part of a team of compassionate, caring professionals who use our collective creative gifts and spiritual support to positively impact the quality of life of older adults and people living with cognitive and physical challenges, join Artisan Mind!
Creative Engagement Specialist:
• Convey the Artisan Mind mission of honoring the dignity of individuals living with physical and cognitive challenges by nurturing their strengths, hope, and joy through creative and spiritually engaging experiences
• Connect with older adults and those living with special needs and have sensitivity to their needs
• Assess clients for functional levels, activity interests, and spiritual preferences
• Facilitate group and individual therapeutic activities, both in-person and through video sessions
• Motivate and encourage clients to engage in the programs
• Capture client successes and quality of life elements displayed during sessions in written summaries
• Develop activity plans, personalized life enrichment programs, and creative care kits
• Train and encourage care partners to assist with creative care kits
• Monitor progress and effectiveness of creative care sessions and make adjustments/changes as necessary
• Maintain client files relating to personalized sessions, activities, and creative care kits
• Observe changes in client status, needs or preferences, and communicate them appropriately
• Maintain familiarity with client history as required
• Adhere to all established policies and procedures regarding clients and programs
• Mobility to travel to in-person sessions
• A passion for helping seniors and those living with cognitive and/or physical challenges
• Bachelor’s degree or above in the areas of art, music, gerontology, social work or family therapy
• Training as certified activity director, recreational, music, art therapist preferred
• Minimum of two years experience in a senior care or special needs community
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients, family members, and associates
• Proficiency in the development of new activity methods and ability to incorporate them into existing care plans
• Commitment to spiritual growth and teachability
• Highly organized with exceptional time management
• Ability to work autonomously
• Proven track record of integrity and ability to recognize improvement opportunities
• Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills
• Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to clients, prospective clients, and personnel
• Prioritize and maintain flexibility in regards to client needs
• Driver’s license, automobile insurance and clear driving record
Part-time positions available that could expand into full-time between the Sacramento and Bay Area regions.
Please send cover letter and resume to Tiffany Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artisan Mind is a department of Artists in Christian Testimony Intl (A.C.T. Intl). A.C.T. Int’l is a registered 501(c)(3).